Last Wednesday, The Hip and Urban Girl's Guide had dinner in the grocery aisle of Whole Foods, Yorkville. The guest of honour, Erica Ehm - our fave Much Music VJ while growing up and now the founder of the Yummy Mummy Club. As we dined on a delicious, guilt-free three-course meal while sipping on lots of wine, the good folks at American Express unveiled their latest product - a Gold Rewards Card designed with the consumer in mind. Now being point junkies and jet-setters, there is nothing better than getting rewarded to basically, SHOP and TRAVEL!
So here's the lowdown:
Card members earn double Membership Reward points on eligible gas, grocery, drugstore purchases, flights, hotels, car rentals, cruises and packages. Earn one point for every dollar in purchases everywhere else.
Now the goodies:
- Test drive this card for free for the first year. It's a $150 annual fee thereafter plus you receive a complimentary supplementary card.
- Points can be redeemed for travel, top-brand merchandise and entertainment rewards from over 500 major brands.
- Redeem points both online or through a travel agent. Once travel has been charged to the card, members can pay with their points and will not be subject to blackouts.
- With TripFlex rewards, card members have ultimate travel flexibility so start dreaming and travel anywhere in the world!
- Transfer points one-to-one to Aeroplan or other select frequent flyer and hotel programs.
To celebrate the launch of the Card, American Express is sponsoring the build of a 16’ Eiffel Tower replica made from canned food items. If you are near Yonge & Eglinton between this coming Thursday-Sunday, check out this art installation and take some fun photos of yourself with the Eiffel Tower. Tweet using hashtag #AmexEiffelTower.