- 4 pounds beef chuck, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 2 1/2 pounds new potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (14.9 ounces) Irish stout beer
- 10 garlic cloves, sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 boxes (10 ounces each) frozen baby peas, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 350. In a 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy pot, toss beef with flour; stir in tomato paste. Add potatoes, onions, broth, beer, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cover, and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
2. Transfer pot to oven to cook, keep lid on to cover. Meat will be fork-tender in about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Stir in peas, then season with salt and pepper.
(This recipe serves 10 so bring out the Guinness and enjoy with your friends and/or store the left-overs in the freezer. Sláinte!)