Hey there HUGs! We are lucky to have one of our favourite bloggers share her Top 5 Beauty Products with us. Simone is the author of Skinny Dip, a cheeky blog about life, love, sex and everything in between. We love her blog and her beauty picks:
When it comes to beauty products, I am a minimalist. Once I find something that works, I stick with it. As I’m sure that most urban girls can relate, I live in a small apartment with limited storage space in the bathroom. So unless I want my space to look cluttered, I can only afford to keep the products I love and use all the time. I like using products that are good value and last a long time. Here are a few of my favorite products that have a permanent home on my counter and in my make-up bag.
1. Kiehls Midnight Recovery Serum - Although I don’t really buy into the idea of 'miracle skin care products', I have to say this one comes pretty close. This night-time serum is blend of Squalane, evening primrose oil and other essential oils known for their antioxidant properties. You’re probably thinking, “You want me to put OIL on my face?!” If you are breakout prone like me, this serum sinks immediately into your face and the lavender oil actually helps heal any current blemishes. In the morning, you’ll wake up and notice that your skin is smooth and glowing. What more could you ask for?! One bottle lasts me about 6-months ($48). Available at Kiehls stores or at Holt Renfrew.
2. Burt’s Bees Lip Balm - I’m kind of OCD when it comes to my lip-balm. My lips get dry really easily so I always have to have some standing by. Given my obsession with lip-balm I’m really surprised it took me until last year to discover how awesome the Burt Bees line is. It's one of the few balms I’ve tried that really sticks on my lips and keeps them moisturized for an extended period of time. With health-conscious natural ingredients like beeswax, honey and coconut oil there is no icky chemical taste and I don’t have to feel guilty about multiple re-applications throughout the day ($4). Available at most drugstores or natural health stores.
3. Yves St Laurent Touche Éclat Concealer: As someone who has the tendency to burn the midnight oil, I am always on the lookout for concealer that will help me look well-rested. I tried this concealer for the first time after a particularly late-night out and was impressed by how alert and refreshed it instantly made me look. Although the price point is definitely on the high side, it does not disappoint. You can also use it as a brow-highlighter. Multipurpose? Even better. ($40) Holt Renfrew.
4. Aveda Be-Curly Curl Enhancer - This is an awesome, moisturizing styling cream for curly or wavy hair. Simply put it on while your hair is wet and let your hair air dry for frizz-free curls (you can also blow-dry). If you’re heading to the beach, this is the perfect low-maintenance hair product to help you achieve soft beachy waves. To give you an idea of how concentrated the product is, I use it everyday and I’ve had the same tube for about 10 months. Did I mention it also smells delicious?! ($40) Aveda stores and salons.
5. Live Clean Exotic Nectar Replenishing Lotion - This lightweight lotion is made with Moroccan argan oil and is super moisturizing. All of the Live Clean products are made with 98% plant ingredients and are petroleum, DEA, sulfate, parabens, phthalates, phosphate and cruelty FREE. At about $6 a pop, hip urban girls don’t have to blow their budget to indulge in health-conscious and environmentally friendly body-products. Available at Shoppers Drugmart.
What are some of YOUR favorite must-have products?