When you are being pulled in so many directions it's easy to lose sight of who you are as an individual and get lost in the shuffle.
It takes more work than ever before to maintain who you are as a woman. This is when you need to take advantage of as much downtime as possible. Here are a few of my tricks for taking care of myself, so I can best take care of my family:
1) Use your lunch hour at work for to surf the internet, read or go for a walk.
2) Your baby’s nap time can also be used in the same way.
3) Try to keep up with hobbies and television shows that you like to indulge in.
4) Spend some time on the phone with your friends. Having adult conversations about your day is a good way to remember who you are.
5) Try taking long baths instead of quick showers.
I am willing to admit that having time to be yourself outside of all your other responsibilities is one of the most difficult parts of being a parent. Just remember that it is ok to take this time.
Remember to rely on your partner to create that extra space for yourself and that your partner needs their space too. Not only will the both of you enjoy some solo time, but you will also appreciate the time your partner takes to help you maintain your individuality. Even though your child is your biggest priority, for your own sanity - try to prioritize yourself amongst everything else you have going on.
--- Lisa Wlodarski is a new Mom and runs Starrified Cards