Had we just spent some time being a little more innovative (or had more engineering friends), I'm sure we would have come up with this super cool idea of turning a watermelon into a cocktail keg!
- 4 cups watermelon chunks, pureed
- 4 oz Alizé Red Passion, or any other fruit-flavored liqueur
- 8 oz gin
- 2 cups sour mix
- Sparkling rosé
- Lime slices, for garnish
- Watermelon, to turn into a keg
1) Prepare your watermelon by cutting a lid from the top and scooping out the fruit (use 4 cups of the fruit later for your watermelon puree). Cut a small part of the bottom off so it sits flat on a plate.
2) Drill a small hole near the bottom of the melon, then use a knife to widen the hole until it’s just slightly smaller than the keg shank. Attach the shank and faucet and you’re ready to add your cocktail.
3) After pureeing 4 cups of watermelon chunks, strain. Stir in your preferred cocktail or use this recommended recipe of fruit-flavored liqueur, gin and sour mix. Chill. Add sparkling rosé before serving. Garnish with lime slice and cheers!
Makes 10-12 drinks.
Recipe courtesy of our friends at The Food Network Magazine.