We're heading into November and hip urban girls know a real winter coat will be required when our city's temperatures take the plunge. As much as we'd all love a bargain, a coat that truly keeps you warm and looks stylish is likely to be an investment. Here are 7 coats I love that range from inexpensive to splurge-worthy.
- Camel Leather Belted Trench with Fur Collar, $499 (sale), Danier
- Cobalt Cape Jacket, $680, Sentaler
- Houndstooth Fit & Flare Coat, $37.80, Forever 21
- Mason Leather Sleeved Coat, $678 USD, Intermix
- Animal Print Quilted Coat, $49.94, Old Navy
- Tipped Pea Coat in Antique White, $278 (sale), J. Crew
- Belted Wool Coat, $129, Joe Fresh
Note to all frugalistas: It's highly recommended you layer up to keep warm if you're going for the bargain coat. They just are not as warm as their more expensive counterparts that have features like 'thinsulate' lining or are crafted specialized fibres. In those scenarios it's always smart to have an extra sweater or scarf underneath so you can stay toasty.
Image credit: Danier, Sentaler, Forever 21, Intermix, Old Navy, J.Crew, Joe Fresh