1/3 cup coconut oil
2/3 cup cacao powder
1/3 cup honey (or maple syrup)
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2/3 cup dates
1/3 cup walnuts
1/3 cup raisins
Goji berries and cranberries to garnish
1/3 cup raw oats (for gluten-free, use buckwheat groats)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Rice milk (can also use almond or soy milk)
4 cupcake moulds (silicon ones work best)
To make the cakes:
- Pulse the oats, walnuts and 1/3 cup of cacao powder in your blender or food processor until they become a rough flour.
- Add raisins and 1/3 cup of dates and pulse again until it all starts to stick together.
- Using about 2/3 of the mix (you have to save some for the tops), press into the bottom and sides of lined cupcake moulds to create a cup that will later hold the molten lava. Store in the fridge for later.
To make the molten middle:
- Blend the rest of the ingredients until smooth (make sure you heat up the coconut oil with the honey first) and add in the milk as needed to make it creamy and a "molten" consistency.
- Pour the molten mixture into each cupcake, filling up close to the top.
- Use the rest of the cake mix to make the tops by spreading it over the top and pressing down gently and evenly, sealing the entire top.
- Cool in fridge or freezer for 5 minutes.
- Flip over removing the cakes from the mould and decorate with goji berries and cranberries. Enjoy!
Original recipe from This Rawsome Vegan Life.