If you're pondering what to wear the next time you and your crew head out for a summer fête try these 6 trends on for size:
- The sophisticated crop top: A cropped shell looks elegant paired with a gauzy maxi skirt or high waisted pants. My pick: Jenni Kayne Crop Top.
- The sexy maxi: Wear with strappy heels, not flats and up the va-va-voom. My pick: Wild Sound Maxi Dress
- The fun shorts: Opt for a prim sleeveless blouse if you're showing a lot of leg or go with a sheer long sleeved blouse. My pick: Topshop Shorts
- The sky high strappy sandal: Choose nude to go with everything and consider a splurge if you want your feet to make it through a full night of dancing. My pick: ALDO footwear
- The pop of neon: Liven up your neutrals or add edge to a more monochromatic look with a neon splash. My pick: JewelMint Teardrop shaped earrings
- The flowers in your hair: Sweeten up a boho look or be the Charlotte of your clique for the night with a floral crown -- beach waves or loose braids, optional. My pick: Boohoo elastic headband.
-- Tamika Auwai is our resident Style Editor, Shopping Enthusiast and Wardrobe Expert. She also plans a fabulous girls night out!
Image via Polyvore.