So here's a recipe I dug up online and made for a family party. The Amarula liqueur makes it sweet and creamy and it's all about high-quality chocolate and the coffee which adds even more flavour. Make this for a cold winter's night and snuggle up on the couch with a DVD at home:
1 cup cream (35%)
8 oz 70% dark chocolate (any high quality chocolate will do), chopped
1 ½ cups milk
½ cup cream (35%)
¼ cup fresh-brewed coffee
3 tbsp cocoa powder
½ tsp vanilla extract
to taste Amarula
1) Boil first quantity of cream and pour over chocolate. Stir mixture will spatula to bring the chocolate and cream together. You’ll know the ganache is properly emulsified when the mixture is shiny.
2) Boil milk and the second quantity of cream and coffee.
4) Pour the milk mixture into the ganache prepared above and stir to combine.
5) Add Amarula to taste along with the salt and cinnamon.
6) Strain mixture to get out any cocoa powder lumps that may remain. Add whipped cream or marshmallows on top.