Yesterday was my first Mother's Day! A Hallmark holiday that now has more meaning to me than ever. It's hard to believe that just one year ago on this same weekend, hubby and I shared the incredible news with our family that we were going to settle back in Toronto to become parents!
In some ways, time stopped but in other ways, it flew by and here we are now - the first six months and I can truly say I LOVE BEING A MOMMY more than I expected for these reasons and many more!
- It’s the most incredible feeling when you see and experience things for the first time through your baby’s eyes.
- I can watch Caden sleep for hours and it’s some of the best entertainment.
- This winter has been exceptionally unforgiving and when it snowed, I was less concerned about the cold ripping my face off than the stroller getting dirty.
- If breastfeeding was an Olympic sport, I’ll win gold hands down. Also see #9.
- Seeing how awesome a daddy my hubby is makes me fall in love with him all over again.
- Multitasking takes on a whole new meaning. Yes, I’m guilty of being THAT mom that checks emails while nursing.
- I’m not going to pretend I’m a patient person but after Caden was born, I developed a bottomless pit of patience.
- No matter how uber busy I am, I still make a point to hang out with my single and childless girl friends.
- No one cries harder than a Mom who spills a bottle of pumped milk (no wonder they call it “liquid gold”).
- “Open bar” – two words that use to excite me but don’t really matter anymore.
- As much as I loved my jet-setting life with just hubby and I, there are days when I wonder “why didn’t I start a family sooner?”.
- Suddenly I had a zillion new friends (ok well, 26 to be exact). Remember how easy it was making friends in kindergarten? Well it’s sorta like that with new moms – we’re all eager to strike up a conversation in the diaper aisle or make eye contact when our strollers cross paths.
- A mother’s job is never done. Get use to BST (baby standard time).
- Sex, a chocolate buffet or 30 mins of non-interrupted Zzz’s? I choose sleep.
- I finally “get it” and have a new found appreciation and love for my own mom and mother-in-law.