The Fall 2014 runways would've made the cast of Clueless swoon with plaid prints of every colour and size making their way down the catwalk. In full disclosure, my Catholic high school years coupled with memories of too much 90s grunge made me avoid plaids like the plague in the past but this season's silhouettes and variety are beckoning me to give tartan another try.
Here are 5 plaid pieces I'd welcome into my wardrobe:
1. Checked Shirt, Zara $59.90. Pair with a midi pencil skirt or under a black blazer.
2. Neville Multi-colour MacBook case, MODA:KO $100. FYI dressing up your tech accessories are a simple way to experiment with trends.
3. Plaid Scarf, Joe Fresh $24. The pop of goldenrod brightens up the dreary days.
4. Ralph Lauren Plaid Wood Duffel Coat, The Bay $645. A classic preppy take on the trend but the cream background feels fresh.
5. Navy Mixed Plaid Body Con Dress, River Island $64 (USD). Throw a cape or drapey sweater over top if form fitting isn't work appropriate and take this from desk to dinner.
-- Tamika Auwai is our resident Style Editor, Shopping Enthusiast and Wardrobe Expert.