|Hanging in Hawaii|
We all know winter is coming soon.
Which is why I'm already jumping on the winter beach vacation bandwagon! It's never too early to start planning and booking early can save you a bit of cash. Especially if you're booking your flight separately. Dreams of tropical beaches, white sand and rolling blue waves have been entering my head already, so I bring to you my top ten beach getaway ideas:
|At Tabacon Spa in Costa Rica|
2) Key West, Florida - Walking into the waters of Key West is like walking into a warm sunny bath. It's perfect mix of small American beach town, with easygoing nightlife and restaurants. It's also the place to take a break from your car. Park it for the week, rent a bike and explore the city on two wheels. It's a very easy place to navigate and the cars usually stay under a 40 km/h speed limit. Did I mention all the delicious seafood and pink Florida shrimp? Nom! More blog posts on planning a visit to Key West here! Oh PS - don't miss the drag shows :)
3) Providenciales, Turks & Caicos - So maybe you've already been to Mexico, Cuba and the Domincan Republic. You're ready to shake off that all-inclusive action and explore on your own. Grace Bay Beach in Turks & Caicos is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world with white sand and crystal clear blue water - perfect for snorkeling right from your resort. Paul and I booked ourselves a little condo on the beach and ate conch fritters to our heart's delight!
5) Grand Cayman Island - Daniela recently got her beach on in the Caymans hitting up a seven-mile beach, swimming with stingrays and doing some serious luxury shopping in George Town. Check out her visit here!
6) Hawaii - If you have a lot of budget to spare, we suggest blowing it all on a big once-in-a-lifetime trip to Hawaii! The flight is the most expensive part, but if you can fandangle some sort of aeroplan points and get that for less, it's soooo worth it. I recently took a visit to The Big Island of Hawaii and Maui. Who can resist luaus and Mai Tais? Check out our Hawaii reads here.
7) Punta Cana, Dominican Republic - If you want to turn your brain off and not have to think at all, an all-inclusive is probably more up your alley. I hit up Dreams Palm Beach Resort in Punta Cana a couple years ago and had a blast. The food was actually quite good (which is usually my all-inclusive fear) and we drank A LOT. It was really easy to relax here and we went with a big group of friends, so no worries about splitting the bill or how to meet everyone's budget. Check out my trip to the Dominican Republic here.
Lisa Ng is also the Editor-in-Chief of This Beautiful Day, a lifestyle blog for smart women.