By Wendy Kam Marcy
This week I finally gave in and cranked up the heat in my condo. Winter is coming. Yes, that first snowfall is a bummer but let's look on the bright side... it's the season of candy cane lattes, holiday parties, skiing and an excuse to shop for a new winter coat!
Of course, there are the usual suspects: the goose, the moose and the deer. But if you are looking for something that stands out from the rest, yet can still confidently combat any polar vortex, check out Eleven Elfs. The newest brand of premium winter gear to enter the Canadian market.
Inspired by "The Neverending Story", these jackets are designed by Manuel Luciano who's motivation is to take the outdoor adventurer into a fantasical journey into winter wonderland.
Aside from the fun colour blocking and sleek feminine design, here's 5 things that make this coat unique:
1) It's machine washable. Cleaning is as easy as tossing in the garment ball (each coat comes with one) into your washer & dryer and running it through the delicate cycle. That's an extra $75 I'll be saving since I won't need to take my Goose to the dry cleaners to get fluffed this year!
2) This coat is noticeably lighter in weight but still just as cozy with 700 fill power of high quality down. Think of it as wrapping yourself up in a fluffy cloud.
3) Pockets and more pockets! There are 5 pockets (3 on the outside, 2 on the inside) to conveniently store your keys, phone and lipgloss for fast and easy access.
4) There is nothing worst than freezing outside only to come indoors and break out in a huge sweat. The breathable material used in these coats ensures you can still move freely and don't have to worry about taking it off and lugging it around crowded shopping malls.
5) One too many beautiful colours to choose from! I wanted them all but I finally decided on the Ice Age Down Coat in Greige & Angora. I love the colour because it's stylishly practical. It goes equally well with jeans or a dressy outfit... plus it won't get lost in the sea of black in coat checks!
Eleven Efls is available in select boutique shops including Your Choice in Bayview Village, Echo Trends in Collingwood and Popcorn 2 in Thornhill. Jackets start at $695. Click here to see the full fall/winter collection.