Avocado toast is currently running heavy in my breakfast rotation.
It's fun to make this recipe super fancy with all kinds of things you could add, but I dial it down on my busy weekday mornings and whip together something quick and easy. Here's what you need for Easy Avocado Toast:
- Slice of sourdough bread
- 1 egg
- Olive oil
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- Salt & pepper
- Lemon juice
- Spices (optional)
- Toast your slice of sourdough bread
- Heat up a small non-stick frying pan and spray with a bit of olive oil
- While the pan is heating mash 1/2 of your ripe avocado in a bowl
- Crack your egg, sunnyside up into your pan. Cook for 5 minutes
- While your egg is cooking add a pinch of salt, pepper, a small squeeze of lemon juice and your choice of spices to your avocado mixture.
- Spread on toast, top with your over easy egg
Get fancy by adding freshly chopped rosemary, sliced radishes, fresh sprouts, red pepper flakes, tomato slices or anything you can think of. Enjoy!
Lisa Ng is also the Editor-in-Chief of This Beautiful Day, a lifestyle blog for smart women.