What are you drinking on St. Patrick's Day on March 17th this year?
If you're not into the green beer, whip up this delicious Kiwi Piña Colada developed by Caribar at The Caribe Hilton in San Juan, Puerto Rico. You won't find some sweet mix out of a box or bottle here. This is the real deal!
The original piña colada, the official drink of Puerto Rico, was created at Caribe Hilton just over 60 years ago and they've given it a St. Patrick's Day twist. No food colouring necessary. The natural green colour comes from the kiwi in this recipe.
Kiwi Piña Colada
- 2 oz. rum
- 1 oz. coconut cream
- 1 oz. heavy cream
- 6 oz. fresh pineapple juice
- ½ cup crushed ice
- 6 oz. Kiwi tropical fruit
- Add the rum, coconut cream, heavy cream and pineapple juice together in a blender.
- Add the ice and blend for about 15 seconds or until smooth.
- Serve in a 12-ounce glass.
- Garnish with a fresh pineapple wedge and a maraschino cherry.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Lisa Ng is also the Editor-in-Chief of This Beautiful Day, a lifestyle blog for smart women.