A sponsored hip + urban girl post.
Planning a romantic date night out with your significant other but have no idea about plans? To mark the digital release of 50 Shades of Grey THIS coming Friday May 8th, I wanted to share a few of my favourite date night ideas around Toronto to inspire a fun night out with your partner:
1) Ping-Pong Throwdown – Get some friendly competition going with your date at SPIN Lounge, a hip ping-pong bar in downtown Toronto. Book a table, order a round of drinks and a few apps and see how your ping-pong skills rank.
2) Stand-Up Paddle boarding – How’s your balance? Challenge yourself and your significant other with a stand-up paddle boarding class on Lake Ontario. It’s a great excuse to get outside and on the water while getting a workout.
3) Picnic on the Toronto Islands – Hit up a boutique grocery store grab a baguette, grapes, cheeses and a blanket and take the next ferry to the Toronto Islands. Find a romantic picnic spot with a view of the Toronto skyline and Lake Ontario.
4) Take a Cooking Class – Love to cook? Dish Cooking Studio is one of my favourite places to take a cooking class in Toronto and a fun creative date night idea for couples. Check their calendar for upcoming classes and themes!
5) Go to the Zoo or Aquarium – Put on a pair of comfortable shoes and spend the day exploring and visiting with the animals at the Toronto Zoo. If the zoo is a bit too far for you, check out Ripley’s Aquarium, which is open late.
6) Laugh at Second City – Sometimes you just need a good laugh and my favourite place to do so is during the main stage revue at The Second City Theatre in Toronto. The venue is extremely casual with a full bar and apps to enjoy during the show.
7) Try a Pottery Class – I recently took a pottery class with my husband and it was much more challenging than it actually looks! We had a fun time turning off our brains and working with our hands while mesmerized by the clay and wheel. The Gardiner Museum offers drop-in clay classes three times a week for only $20!
8) Hit the Drive-in! – Grab a blanket, a cooler full of snacks and hit the local drive-in for a movie under the stars. The Docks has re-opened their drive-in for the season with two different screens and a double feature each night.
9) Jazz Night – Want to relax with dinner and a show? Jazz Bistro in the former Senator space on Victoria is the perfect place for dinner and a chance to listen to some great jazz. Reservations are accepted for those who are booking for dinner.
10) A Steamy Spa + Massage Date – Stressful week at work? Hammam Spa on King West is the perfect way to relax after a long day. Steam together in the co-ed hammam steam room and then book a couple’s massage to unwind. Head home to enjoy a glass of wine and a cuddle on the couch.
Looking for more romantic ideas? If you missed it in theatres, Fifty Shades of Grey will be available on-demand and for download THIS coming Friday May 8th from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment.
To celebrate, we’re giving away FIVE Fifty Shades of Grey DVD packages to our readers. To enter, use the Rafflecopter widget below! Contest is open to Canadian addresses only and entrants over the age of 18, not valid in Quebec. Prize must be accepted as awarded. Contest closes on Monday May 18th at 11:59 PM and the winners will be notified within 7 days. The winner must respond within 72 hours from being contacted or another winner will be chosen.
a Rafflecopter giveaway